Today I really felt in the Christmas spirit! We had “Christmas Sock Day” at school, I wore a fun christmas sweater, and so I decided to do a makeup look to match! This look consists of A warm red smokey eye with a gold glitter accent, and a bold deep red lip! It’s a bit dramatic, but it was definitely a fun one!
The products I used are:
- Foundation: It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC+ Cream (Light)
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape (Fair Beige)
- Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush (Exposed)
- Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
- Highlight: Tartiest Pro Glow to Go (I mix the shades Gleam and Burst)
- Brows: Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil (4.5)
- Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion (original)
- Eye Shadow: Morphe 3502 Palette, Stila Liquid Eye Shadow (Kitten Karma)
- Mascara: Urban Decay Troublemaker
- Lashes: Ardell faux mink wispies (811)
- Lips: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (standout), NYX Butter Gloss (Raspberry Pavlova
- Setting Spray: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
Some tips that I have found to really help when I apply my makeup:
- Spritz on your Setting Spray after you do your foundation, concealer, blush, and bronzer, but before you do the rest of your makeup!
- Always, always, ALWAYS line your lips when doing a red lip!
- When applying false lashes, wait until the adhesive is about halfway dry to apply, this way it will be tacky and it will stick much easier!
- Use a brush to buff in your foundation and concealer, but then go back over the top with a damp beauty blender to really even out your complexion!
- When doing any eye look, always apply your eyeshadow primer, then set it with a skin-toned shadow or powder before applying your shadow. The colors will blend a lot better and easier!